According to multiple sources speaking to Life & Style, the notoriously private couple are finally engaged after more than five years together.
However, this isn't the first time they've sparked engagement rumors. After all, Swifties have been convinced of a secret engagement or wedding for the past few years thanks to the star's 2019 album, Lover, which features lyrical nods to weddings, vows and rings. And to further add fuel to the flames, the two recently went on a romantic vacation to Cornwall, England back in January, when a source forThe Sunsaid it felt like "things are getting more serious and people think an engagement could be on the cards."
"That could explain such a long journey to a specific place," they continued. “Taylor is keeping her cards close to her chest, but they’re certainly very happy and enjoying their time together."
Swift and Alwyn first started dating in October 2016 after reportedly meeting at the Met Gala. The following May, a source told The Sun the pair had been secretly dating for months before Alwyn was spotted watching the Grammy winner perform in New York at the iHeartRadio's Jingle Ball later that year. They then went on to make things Instagram official in 2018 via matching photos of themselves posing with a large cactus, which was uploaded to their respective accounts before attending several performances, award shows red carpet appearances together.
In a 2020 interview with The Guardian, Swift explained that their "relationship isn't up for discussion," saying that "if you and I were having a glass of wine right now, we'd be talking about it — but it's just that it goes out into the world."
"That's where the boundary is, and that's where my life has become manageable," she said at the time. "I really want to keep it feeling manageable."
Neither Swift nor Alwyn have commented on the report. In the meantime though, you can read Life & Style's report here.
Photos via Getty / JMEnternational & Andreas Rentz
- Taylor Swift Was 2020's Highest Earning Musician - PAPER ›
- Taylor Swift's 'Lover': Is She Engaged to Joe Alwyn? - PAPER ›
- Taylor Swift Reveals Boyfriend Joe Alwyn Co-Wrote Songs on 'folklore' ›
- Scientists Named a Millipede After Taylor Swift ›
- Taylor Swift, Joe Alwyn Reportedly Engaged for Months ›
- Twitter Releases "The Swift Report" Ahead of Midnights ›
- Celebrities React to Taylor Swift's "Midnights" Album ›
- Taylor Swift's Tour Presale Crashed Ticketmaster ›
- Taylor Swift Speaks Out on “Excruciating” Presale for Eras Tour ›
- Taylor Swift Fans Sue Live Nation After Ticketing Woes ›
- Emily Ratajkowski Calls Out Sexism in Resurfaced Taylor Swift Interview ›
- Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Break Up After Six Years Together ›
- Why Taylor Swift and Joe Alwyn Reportedly Broke Up ›