The London-based shopping platform is fast becoming one of the top destinations for vintage fashion, particularly popular among Gen Z shoppers. The marketplace app's interface appears like a social media platform — there's a curated explore page, individual profiles for shops and sellers, and its peer-to-peer business model emulates typical DM exchanges.
"I'm very excited to be working with Depop because I think they have created a more sustainable and accessible way to find vintage clothing that young people recognize and appreciate," Sui says. "I grew up loving vintage stores and going to flea markets every weekend."
Under the username @annasui, the Anna Sui Depop Shop offers an eclectic range of legendary vintage and throwback pieces. A t-shirt boasting an illustration by Frank Kozik meets the show-stopping baby-doll dress from the visionary's Spring '94 collection, while the statement plaid dress worn by Nadege du Bospertus in Sui's Spring '92 runway show is certain to be a hit. Aside from these, Sui's Depop shop is selling a wide range of dresses, shirts, shoes and socks that range from $20-$628.
"I love that there has been a revival of excitement about vintage fashion, especially amongst young people who are just starting to purchase their own clothing," Sui says. "I also love the revival of '90s fashion amongst younger generations, so we curated pieces to reflect that."
Relive iconic '90s fashion and shop Anna Sui's Depop page, here.
Photos courtesy of Depop
- Anna Sui Wants You to Match Your Hair to Your Outfit - PAPER ›
- Inside the World of Anna Sui - PAPER ›
- Anna Sui and Pat McGrath on Their Enduring Design Legacy - PAPER ›
- Anna Sui Staged a Fancy, High-Fashion Picnic for Spring 2021 - PAPER ›
- Depop Influencers Share Why They’re Voting This Year ›
- Depop Influencers Share Why They’re Voting This Year - PAPER ›
- "Depop This Look" Collabs With Los Angeles Businesses ›