Katy Perry isn't clowning around with her fans: her new album is called Smile, and the titular song will drop Friday.
Initially, the pop star challenged her fans to help her "find my smile" by playing a game where they had to pop virtual balloons to reveal the album, which will premiere Aug. 14. KatyCats almost instantly revealed the cover of the album that features Perry as a melancholy clown — red nose and all — dressed in a blue and white checkered outfit.
Related | Katy Perry: Outside the Box
"I wrote the title track from the album when I was coming through one of the darkest periods of my life and had lost my smile," Perry said on Instagram. "This whole album is my journey towards the light - with stories of resilience, hope, and love."
Perry took a break in 2019 from touring and creating a new album to focus on her personal life, even thinking about a stint in collegiate life. Now, with a baby on the way with partner Orlando Bloom, KatyCats are thrilled with the announcement of Smile.
Though there's still over a month until the new album officially drops, watch "Daisies," below, ahead of its title track premiere on July 10.
- Jeremy Scott on Katy Perry's Moschino Burger Dress - PAPER ›
- Katy Perry Frolicks Naked and Pregnant in ›
- Katy Perry on the Cover of PAPER Magazine "Transformation ... ›
- Katy Perry Criticizes Stan Culture For Pitting Women Against Each Other - PAPER ›
- Katy Perry Criticized For Promoting Her Dad's "Nonpartisan" Clothing Line - PAPER ›
- Zooey Deschanel Is Katy Perry in "End Of The World" Video - PAPER ›
- Katy Perry Used to Pretend to Be Zooey Deschanel to Get Into Clubs - PAPER ›