Things are about to get scary for Jennifer Coolidge.
After all, Coolidge is known for her versatility as an actor, so it shouldn't come as a surprise that she's been tapped as a lead in the limited series alongside Bobby Cannavale and Naomi Watts. Details about her role are still under wraps, though, as The Watcher hasn't even been formally announced.
Related | Herding Sheep, Don't Text
However, the publication said the project is supposedly based on a 2018 article from The Cut. The piece told the story of a married couple, Derek and Maria Broaddus, who bought the house of their dreams for a whopping $1.4 million, no less.
But the dream didn't last long, as they began receiving threatening letters from a stalker who called himself "The Watcher." And the kicker? The stalker alluded to there being something else in the house by telling the Broadduses that they didn't know "all of the secrets it holds yet," which is more than a little creepy, to say the least.
Photography: PAPER x Google for 21 of 21
- PAPER and Google Shopping Launch 21of21 - PAPER ›
- Jennifer Coolidge Credits Ariana Grande for Reviving Her Career - PAPER ›
- Jennifer Coolidge Wants to Make an "Ass Candle" - PAPER ›
- Netflix Ordered More Serial Killer Shows ›
- Jennifer Coolidge Joins TikTok ›