Just as Donald Trump announces the possible end of TikTok in the U.S., Forbes releases a new list revealing the highest-earning TikTok influencers. All of these stars earned at least $1 million not through the app itself, but building a brand through the platform, and then creating merchandise, posting sponsored content, and partnering with companies.
At the top of the list is Addison Rae Sterling, who earned about $5 million last year, thanks to her 54.1 million followers. She became the global spokesperson for American Eagle, and has been featured in a bunch of their digital and print ads, and has a weekly Spotify podcast with her mom, Sheri Nicole, called Mama Knows Best. She's also dropping a new makeup line with Item Beauty next week.
Related | Is This the End of Tiktok as We Know It?
Runner-up on the list is teen TikTok dance queen Charli D'Amelio who earned $4 million after going viral last year. She's partnered with EOS cosmetics, been featured in a Super Bowl ad for Sabra hummus, and released videos with TikTok collective Hype House.
Following Charli on the list is her older sister Dixie, who earned about $2.9 million, who also makes cameos on Charli's TikToks. She has 32 million followers on her own account, and has signed joint deals with Charli for brands Hollister and Morphe.
At number 4 is Loren Gray with $2.6 million, followed by Josh Richards, and Michael Le who is tied with Spencer X for the number 6 spot.
Photos via Getty and Instagram
- TikTok Is Teaching Young Women About Autism - PAPER ›
- TikTok Users Launch "Pee Your Pants" Challenge - PAPER ›
- TikTok Conquered 2019: A Guide to the Most Popular Creators ... ›
- Hype House Accused of 'Scamming' Fans With 'Free' Jewelry - PAPER ›
- TikTok Star Addison Rae Fronts Her First SKIMS Campaign - PAPER ›
- TikTok Star Addison Rae Stars in the 'She's All That' Remake - PAPER ›