Earlier this year, Star made waves with the release of the highly anticipated collection. However, some beauty enthusiasts are now accusing the beauty mogul of stealing the eyeshadow palette's look from Lorac's 2014 The Royal box, which featured an assortment of products for the entire face.
As a popular thread on Reddit's r/BeautyGuruChatter outlines, Star's opulent, royalty-themed palette is very similar to Lorac's, from the crushed velvet case to the hexagonal shape to the decorative crown motif — something that also raised more than a few eyebrows given Star's past claim that Kylie Jenner copied his packaging in 2017.
Granted, Star previously explained in his collection reveal that the hexagonal box was chosen to protect the shadows from breaking. Nevertheless, this copycat accusation has led to some heated online debate, with some also coming to Star's defense by arguing that "you can't trademark a shape."
Lorac has yet to respond but, in the meantime, see what the internet is saying, below.
I gotta know ONE THING... With all that fucking money he’s made, why did @JeffreeStar use the SAME PACKAGING as Lorac’s 2014 holiday collection???? Invest and make something different maybe? #jeffreestar pic.twitter.com/8ZUlkAk3U5— princess (@kickinthecooter) April 11, 2020
jeffree: hey, can i copy ur homework?— rain 🧡💧 (@rainluvsari) April 14, 2020
lorac: sure, but don’t make it obvious... pic.twitter.com/jjbfcTEcut
The packaging looks similar, but that’s it. The Lorac one isn’t an eyeshadow pallet either it’s just a box full of random makeup. Jeffree actually pallet is different. you can’t trade mark a shape. There’s tons of makeup that’s the exact same shape. So this is ifffyyyy— jessica (@jessicaaddaayy) April 13, 2020
A hexagon is not a proprietary shape. Velvet is very on brand for @JeffreeStar royalty fits in with blue blood which the royalty palette was a follow up to. Lorac is not a small brand. It is owned by Markwin. The same company that owns Wet N Wild, Physicians Formula (1/2)— Lia Echevarria🇲🇽🇺🇸🏳️🌈 (@Lia_Echevarria) April 12, 2020
Photo via Getty
- Jeffree Star Had a Lot to Say About Haus Laboratories - PAPER ›
- Shane Dawson Debuts "The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star" Trailer ... ›
- Jeffree Star's Valentine's Day Mystery Boxes Are Almost Sold Out ... ›
- Jeffree Star Responds to "Cremated" Palette Backlash - PAPER ›
- Morphe Will No Longer Work With Jeffree Star - PAPER ›
- Jeffree Star Claims Boyfriend Stole From Him - PAPER ›
- Jeffree Star Accuser Allegedly Paid $45K to Retract Sexual Assault Claims - PAPER ›
- Jeffree Star Says Britney Spears Fans Are "'Bullying" Her - PAPER ›
- Jeffree Star's Valentine's Day Mystery Boxes Are Almost Sold Out ›
- Shane Dawson Debuts "The Beautiful World of Jeffree Star" Trailer ›
- Jeffree Star Had a Lot to Say About Haus Laboratories ›