In case you missed it, the star's sex life recently came under intense scrutiny after anonymous Instagram account House of Effie shared a series of batshit messages that appear to show Hammer describing his rape and cannibalism fantasies — something that also wasn't helped by his past kinky comments and bondage-related Twitter likes.
Related | Is Armie Hammer a Cannibal or What?
Following the supposed leak though, Hammer stepped down from his role in the new Jennifer Lopez movie, Shotgun Wedding, on Wednesday. And while a production spokesperson initially explained his exit by citing the film's "imminent start date," Hammer himself has now issued a short statement about the decision via People.
"I'm not responding to these bullshit claims," Hammer said, likely referencing the screenshots. "But in light of the vicious and spurious online attacks against me, I cannot in good conscience now leave my children for 4 months to shoot a film in the Dominican Republic."
"Lionsgate is supporting me in this," he added, "And I'm grateful to them for that."
Photo via Getty
- Armie Hammer Posts a Viral Video and Becomes a Trending Topic ... ›
- Are Those Armie Hammer Cannibalism Screenshots Real? - PAPER ›
- Timothée Chalamet, Luca Guadagnino May Be Making a Cannibal Movie - PAPER ›
- Armie Hammer Dropped by Hollywood Talent Agency WME - PAPER ›
- Armie Hammer Under Investigation By LAPD For Alleged Rape - PAPER ›
- Armie Hammer Break Silence on Sexual Abuse Allegations ›
- Armie Hammer Accuser Effie Angelova Criticizes "Manipulative" Interview ›