Willow Smith recently celebrated the release of her new album, lately I feel EVERYTHING. The singer held a concert through Facebook Watch on Friday night, and it was a jam-packed hour-long set. The performance notably included a pop-punk version of her 2010 hit song, "Whip My Hair."
Related | Willow Smith Is Polyamorous
During the 20-year-old's new rendition of the bop, she sat down on a stool while playing an electric guitar as she got her hair shaved off mid-song. She said in a behind-the-scenes interview, "I'm always shaving my head at monumental times in my life when things are really changing and this is definitely one of those moments."
The singer has shifted genres since the beginning of her music career and is now in her pop-punk era. In her latest album, she's also collaborated with genre icons Avril Lavigne and Travis Barker for songs like "G R O W," "Transparent Soul" and "Gaslight."
Smith also shaved her hair back in 2012 during her Whip My Hair tour.
Willow recently inspired her mom, Jada Pinkett Smith, to shave her head. She wrote on Instagram, "Willow made me do it because it was time to let go BUT... my 50's are bout to be Divinely lit with this shed."
Photo via Getty
- Willow Smith Is Working With Avril Lavigne on New Music - PAPER ›
- Willow Smith Said She and Jaden Felt "Shunned" By the Black ... ›
- Willow Smith And Michael Cera Just Dropped The Dreamiest Track ... ›
- Doja Cat Shaves Head and Razors Off Eyebrows on IG Live ›
- Willow Smith Explains "Radical" Decision to Shave Her Head ›