Responsible for crafting some of the wildest and most memorable beauty looks on runways and editorials in the last few years, Isamaya Ffrench's unconventional, paint-inspired work has enthralled fans and industry heavyweights alike. And now, the London-based makeup genius' profile is set to soar even higher thanks her new role as Burberry's Global Beauty Director.
"To me, Britishness has always carried this sense of attitude; it is confident, strong and also eccentric," said chief creative officer Riccardo Tisci in a statement today. "Isamaya is the perfect ambassador to interpret the tension between classical and creative for Burberry Beauty – she is bold, she pushes the boundaries and has such a unique modern vision. I am so excited to welcome her to the Burberry family."
The appointment marks a new chapter for Ffrench, who's amassed a cult following on Instagram thanks to her knack for storytelling through makeup. Prior to this she was the global makeup ambassador for Christian Louboutin Beauté, a creative consultant for Tom Ford Beauty and ambassador for YSL Beauté. She's also worked backstage for the runways of Iris van Herpen, Louis Vuitton and Thom Browne.
"The Burberry girl for me is this duality of classic Britishness with this really eccentric side - the punk that can wear the trench coat," said Ffrench. "It's a huge honour to be part of such a wonderful family and I'm so lucky to have such a badass boss ❤️ thank you @riccardotisci17."
Her first campaign for Burberry Beauty will debut this fall.
Photo via Instagram
- Isamaya Ffrench Talks About Her Chic Collaboration with Hunter ... ›
- The Many Fabulous Faces of Isamaya Ffrench - PAPER ›
- Isamaya Ffrench's Iconic Looks for Vivienne Westwood, Ashish ... ›
- Burberry Reveals Plans to Hold Outdoor Show in September - PAPER ›
- Kendall Jenner Staged a Self-Timed Campaign for Burberry - PAPER ›
- Bella Hadid Channeled Her Inner Feline for Burberry Campaign - PAPER ›