Caroline Polachek is back and her bounty is plentiful.
Teaming up with frequent collaborator Danny L Harle, Polachek returns with a breezy, atmospheric track that sees the singer mull over multitudes and the world's sheer amount of excess. Full of stuttering beats and gauzy, expansive synths, the song carries on the glossy, sentiment-filled brand of pop that Polachek introduced on 2019's Pang, while continuing to carve out her identity as a solo artist.
“The overabundance of this world overwhelms me," Polachek says of the single. "Sometimes it seems like ultimate tragedy, the earth being pillaged and destroyed for it. Sometimes it seems pre-human, beyond morality, sublime. I don’t pick sides, I just live here, with you. How does it feel, being so rich?”
"Billions" arrives alongside an equally decadent visual, co-directed by Polachek and Matt Copson, that sees the singer stomping on some grapes in a fantasy vineyard, taking a milky bath and teaching the youth. As an added bonus, the new single includes a reworked version of her Oneohtrix Point Never collab, "Long Road Home," off his 2020 semi-self-titled album.
Photography: Nedda Asfari
- Caroline Polachek Dissects Her Video for "Ocean of Tears" - PAPER ›
- Caroline Polachek Drops New Single "Bunny Is a Rider" - PAPER ›
- Caroline Polachek "So Hot Your Hurting My Feelings" Hits TikTok ... ›
- Caroline Polachek Announces New Album, "Desire, I Want To Turn Into You" ›
- Caroline Polachek Reveals Album Tracklist, Drops "Blood and Butter" ›
- Caroline Polachek Drops Album "Desire, I Want To Turn Into You" ›