Breaking a decade-long silence, Federline alleged to the British tabloid that their sons, 16-year-old Sean Preston and 15-year-old Jayden, are keeping their distance from their mother and are bothered by her almost-nude posts on social media. "The boys have decided they are not seeing her right now," Federline said. "It's been a few months since they've seen her. They made the decision not to go to her wedding."
In response, Spears has taken to Instagram to voice her displeasure. "One word: hurtful," the singer wrote in an Instagram story. "It saddens me to hear that my ex-husband has decided to discuss the relationship between me and my children," she added. "As we all know, raising teenage boys is never easy for anyone. It concerns me the reason is based on my Instagram. It was long before Instagram."
Spears' current husband Sam Asghari, who she married in a private ceremony in June, also shared his thoughts on Instagram, hitting back at Federline's claims and calling them "irresponsible." The Iranian American model wrote, "The boys are very smart and will be 18 soon to make their own decisions and may eventually realize the ‘tough’ part was having a father who hasn't worked much in over 15 years as a role model."
Spears followed up with an additional post on her Instagram feed this morning, writing "I’m only human and I’ve done my best," and noting that the controversial conservatorship has only been over for 8 months.
Photo via Getty
- Britney Spears Accuses Catholic Church of Calling Her a "Liar" ›
- Sam Asghari Says Britney Spears' Kids Should Be "Proud" of Nude Pics ›
- Nicki Minaj Calls Out "Clown" Kevin Federline Over Britney Spears Feud ›
- Britney Spears Chooses 'Happiness' and Deletes Instagram ›
- Britney Spears Responds to Son's Support of Jamie Spears ›
- Britney Spears Says Son's "Hateful" Comments Are About Money ›
- Jamie Spears, Kevin Federline Reportedly Writing a Book on Fatherhood ›