The video sees a golden-fanged Tinashe impatiently waiting for Kaytranada to join her at home, ready to sink her teeth into his neck — reminiscent of a certain Michael Jackson visual we're sure you can conjure from memory. "Every time I, fuck, fight, we scream (All night) / I thought it was (This ain't how it's supposed to be)" Tinashe sings of a toxic relationship she can't get enough of, "That means I feel (Something)/ I want your love (You bring out the worst in me)"
The song is a stand-out track from Kaytranada's sophomore album Bubba and the video comes right after the recent release of the instrumental version of the album. "The Worst In Me" also marks Tinashe's long-awaited return following her long-standing battle with RCA records.
Watch "The Worst In Me," below.
Photography: Bryan Huynh for PAPER
- Discussing Virality And Reality With Internet-Bred Producer ... ›
- Kelela Drops New Kaytranada Remix of 'Waitin' - PAPER ›
- Jaboukie Interviews Kaytranada for PAPER Magazine Pride - PAPER ›
- Andrea Russett Shares Her "Darkest Hours" - PAPER ›
- Tinashe Announces "Comfort & Joy" Holiday EP - PAPER ›
- What Kaytranada’s Grammy Win Means for Electronic Music - PAPER ›