YouTuber Shane Dawson has been a controversial figure on the internet for some time now. And over the weekend, the hashtag #ShaneDawsonIsOverParty has once again been resurrected.
Twitter has called attention to Dawson's old Blackface videos, and user @chaoticgaythey also posted screenshots from the vlogger's Wikipedia page, indicating that he's used the n-word before. Dawson also previously joked about "ghetto pranks" on stage at VidCon.
Cw: discussion of pedophilia, racism, blackface, zoophilia Shane Dawson is proof cancel culture isn't real. Though… https://t.co/Hmo76BGIsa— Vanilla in matzo balls is a hate crime (((Max))) (@Vanilla in matzo balls is a hate crime (((Max)))) 1589175841.0
Dawson has formally apologized for his Blackface content before, and he currently maintains a following of over 23 million subscribers.
And while the hashtag has picked up a lot of traffic, many people are using it as an example to point out how cancel culture isn't effective at all.
Black people looking at the #ShaneDawsonIsOverParty hashtag like we don’t see this every month and then y’all go ri… https://t.co/mWVyCLFX1E— Kwan 🌊 (@Kwan 🌊) 1589653498.0
Y’all cancel his ass every five minutes just for him to release an iOS press conference and y’all act like nothing… https://t.co/zxPRTaCSVG— Sad Boi Jutsu (@Sad Boi Jutsu) 1589627493.0
me when i see this shit every month #ShaneDawsonIsOverParty https://t.co/S1yUSmBU2P— candazie’s daughter (@candazie’s daughter) 1589647525.0
Photo via Getty
From Your Site Articles
- Shane Dawson Revealed a Secret Beauty Channel - PAPER ›
- Shane Dawson's Engagement to Ryland Adams Comes Days After ... ›
- Shane Dawson Says He Didn't Sexually Abuse His Cat - PAPER ›
- Tati Westbrook Claims Shane Dawson, Jeffree Star "Manipulated" Her Into Turning Against James Charles - PAPER ›
- Shane Dawson Announces His Return to YouTube - PAPER ›
- Shane Dawson Is "Grateful" He Was "Canceled" ›
- Shane Dawson Death Rumors Go Viral on His 34th Birthday ›
Related Articles Around the Web
Sign Up for the Morning PAPER
Miss Madeline Shocks the System
Story by Justin Moran / Photography by Joaquin Castillo / Makeup by Alex Levy / Hair by Sergio Estrada / Styling by Carma Flores