"Kanye West" is no more.
On Monday, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Michelle Williams Court approved the rapper's request to officially change his name to just "Ye." No middle and last name.
Related | Kim Kardashian Is Keeping the West
Granted, Ye's been trying to make his mononymous name a reality for quite some time now. As part of the rollout for his eighth studio album, Ye, the star told radio host Big Boy that he believed "'ye' is the most commonly used word in the Bible, and in the Bible, it means 'you.' So I'm you, I'm us, it's us." A few months after the release, he also tweeted that "the being [formerly] known as Kanye West" would now be known as "YE."
the being formally known as Kanye West— ye (@kanyewest) September 29, 2018
I am YE
No word though on whether that will affect ex Kim Kardashian West's reported decision to keep the "West" in her name post-divorce.
Photo via Getty / Brad Barket
- Kanye West Files Trademark Application for Homeware Line - PAPER ›
- Kanye West Is Reportedly Moving Into Another Stadium - PAPER ›
- Kanye West to Change His Name, Release "DONDA" Stem Player ... ›
- Kanye "Ye" West Wants to Reunite With Kim Kardashian and His Kids - PAPER ›
- Kim Kardashian West Asks Judge to Declare Her Legally Single - PAPER ›
- Kanye West Spotted on Alleged Date with Actress Julia Fox - PAPER ›
- Kanye West and Julia Fox Spotted on Date in NYC - PAPER ›
- Kanye West Disses Pete Davidson in New Track "Eazy" - PAPER ›
- Kanye West and Julia Fox Photographed French Kissing in Paris - PAPER ›
- Kanye West Cuts Kid Cudi From 'Donda 2' and Starts Beef - PAPER ›
- Kanye West and Chaney Jones Reportedly Break Up ›
- Kanye West Files Trademark for "YZYSPLY" Retail Stores ›