1. The second annual Unsound music festival starts tomorrow and runs through April 10 at various New York City venues. The complete schedule is here, but don't miss Thursday's free Modular Dreams concert with Morton Subotnick in the David Rubenstein Atrium at Lincoln Center, 7:30 p.m., and Sunday night's free closing party at Hotel Chantelle (92 Ludlow Street) with Kiss & Tell DJ's "exploring vintage dance music."
2. A $150,000 statue of Michael Jackson was unveiled outside of a UK soccer stadium this week and, not to be outdone, New York City is getting a 23-foot-tall bronze teddy bear in the plaza of the Seagrams Building (375 Park Avenue). The bear goes up next week and should be around for several months. [BBC, Gothamist]
3. Justin Bond and Doveman play Bowery Ballroom (6 Delancey Street) tonight, April 5. Buy last minute tickets here.
4. There's a crazy loft party, also tonight, with No Fear featuring Mykki Blanco and DJs Haley Woolens, Physical Therapy and Eric Dunk$ at 405 West 39th Street.
5. TOMS Shoes founder Blake Mycoke is hosting One Day Without Shoes "to create awareness for those who have no choice" today, April 5, 5:30 to 9 p.m. at Charles Nolan (30 Gansevoort Street).[GiltCity]
6. Richard Branson plans to explore the deep ocean in an 18-foot carbon fiber and titanium submarine that can stay under water for 24 hours. [Wired]