1. Milk Gallery (450 West 15th Street) is launching "Illumination: Who Are Poets," a special exhibit of portraits by acclaimed photographer Steven Sebring featuring shots of Jim Carroll. Joey Ramone, Patti Smith, Richard Hell and more. The show opens today and runs until April 17.
2. Eighties punk/no wave band the Bush Tetras are playing at The Kitchen's 40th anniversary celebration on April 15. They're also releasing a limited-edition 7-inch of "Too Many Creeps" b/w "You Can't Be Funky" on the same day.
3. Robert Longo skate decks are available April 7 at Supreme (274 Lafayette Street) and Nike's limited edition "Cheech and Chong" skateboarding shoes are available on 4/20. Of course. (Via HighSnobiety and SoleCollector)
4. PAPER fave Julia Chiang opens her first New York solo exhibition "Security Is Mostly a Superstition" tomorrow, April 5, 6 to 8 p.m., at Half Gallery (208 Forsyth Street). Chiang filled the gallery with white chains made from hand-crafted ceramic links. It's up until May 2.
5. Grab your kilt and celebrate Scotland during New York Tartan Week, now through April 10. Go to the Tartan Week site for the complete schedule of events including the Tartan Day Parade on Saturday at 2 p.m.
6. The Seven Sexiest House Music Videos of All Time. (Via ClubPlanet)
7. Coachella wristbands are coming with a ridiculous amount of packaging. [Buzzfeed]