PAPER is looking for a pop-culture obsessed writer who will generate genius story ideas for daily blogs about everything from celebrity gossip to underground artists to current political events, translating the news through PAPER's unique point of view. Ideally, writers will have a broad knowledge of the pop culture and political landscape, and a deep familiarity with at least one of the following verticals: music, nightlife, celebrity news, art, social justice, LGBTQ issues, or sex and dating.
Since 1984, PAPER has brought underground culture to the mainstream, continuing today as we offer readers insider knowledge and the unique PAPER viewpoint on everything from viral Arthur memes to Azealia Banks' feuds to #NoDAPL protests.
- Writing and building daily blog posts (6-8, on average) that aggregate or report interesting celebrity, pop culture, art, LGBTQ, and social justice news
- Promote stories on PAPER's social media channels
- Develop ideas for longer feature stories (i.e. Q&As, essays, original reported articles)
- Commission and edit freelance articles
- Manage website's intern program
- 1-2 years experience blogging and reporting
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Ability to write clean copy in a fast-paced news environment
- Familiarity with Twitter and Facebook
Applicants should email Digital Managing Editor Kat Ward with a resume, cover letter, and 3-5 clips at firstname.lastname@example.org.