No Purchase Necessary to enter or win. A Purchase will not Increase Your Chances of Winning.
1. Eligibility: The Paper Magazine #paperbreak Spring Breakers Giveaway (the "Sweepstakes") is open only to individuals who (a) are legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia (b) are at least 18 years of age and (c) have a Twitter account. Employees of Paper Communications ("Sponsor") or other companies associated with the Sweepstakes (including any advertising and promotion agencies), and their respective parent companies, affiliates and subsidiaries as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings, and children) and household members of each such employee, whether or not related, are not eligible to enter. The Sweepstakes is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
2. Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored and administered by Paper Communications ("Sponsor"). Twitter is not affiliated with this Sweepstakes.
3. Agreement to Official Rules: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrant indicates his/her full and unconditional agreement to, and acceptance of, (a) these Official Rules and (b) Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding. Winning the prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will take place on Wednesday, March 13th, 2013 beginning at 2:00 p.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ending at 7:00 p.m. ET ("Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official time-keeping device for the Sweepstakes.
5. How to Enter: If you don't already follow Paper Magazine on Twitter, visit http://twitter.com/papermagazine and click on the icon to follow Paper Magazine. Once you have signed up to follow Paper Magazine, to enter, read the official Sweepstakes tweet (containing official hashtag #paperbreak) posted during the Sweepstakes Period and respond accordingly. Entrant must satisfy the requirements and/or any questions contained within the official Sweepstakes tweet and follow the response instructions. The entrant must then reply to @papermagazine via their personal and/or chosen twitter account to enter. Sponsor reserves the right to require and/or request additional personal information to validate eligibility of any and all applicants. Limit one (1) entry per person/Twitter account for the Sweepstakes Period. Entries in excess of the stated limitation will be void. If you complete the entry process via your wireless phone, your wireless service provider may charge you for additional data usage. Please consult your wireless service provider for more information. Sponsor is not responsible for any charges wireless service provider may charge entrant. All terms and conditions of Twitter.com apply. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account or required information upon entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different Twitter accounts, identities, registrations, or logins, or through any other methods, may void all of that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. The use of any automated system to enter or subvert the entry process the Sweepstakes is prohibited and may result in disqualification.
6. Winner Selection: Following the conclusion of the Sweepstakes Period, Sponsor will randomly select one (1) potential winner from among all eligible entries received for the entire Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right to decline any entry deemed incomplete or ineligible during the entry process. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received for the Sweepstakes.
7. Notification and Requirements of Potential Winner: Potential winner will be announced within 24 hours of the drawing. An individual is not deemed the winner unless and until he/she has complied with these Official Rules regardless of whether he/she has been announced as the winner on Twitter or in any other forum. Sponsor will send the potential winner a message from @papermagazine to the potential winner's Twitter account used to enter the Sweepstakes with instructions on how to claim the prize. Upon entry and/or fulfillment, Sponsor can contact the potential winner via Twitter, but may also contact the potential winner via telephone or electronic email (if information is provided by or requested from entrant) in order to confirm the receipt and acceptance of the prize. In order to receive a message from Sponsor, Entrant must (a) be following @papermagazine and (b) have his or her account settings set to "unprotected" and/or "public." If the potential winner does not respond and comply with the instructions in the message within one (1) day after Sponsor sent the message or is not in compliance with these Official Rules, he/she will forfeit the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place in a random drawing of all eligible entries received, if time permits. Except where prohibited, the potential winner may be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the "Affidavit/Release"). If the potential winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, an alternate entrant will be selected in his/her place in a random drawing of all remaining eligible entries received. By participating, winner, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and their respective designees to announce his/her name on Twitter as the winner and to use his/her name, address (city and state), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, in any manner, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or review or approval.
8. Prize and Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): One winner will receive a prize /branded promotional item related to the film "Spring Breakers" . Exact details will be provided to winner during official entry period and/or at time of prize notification. Prize is subject to terms and conditions set forth therein. Winner must provide additional identification details to Sponsor if requested. If, for whatever reason, the prize is no longer available or becomes lost in shipping/transit, Sponsor will have no further obligation to winner. Sponsor reserves the right to not award the prize if, in its sole discretion, it does not receive any eligible entries. Winner is responsible for all federal, state and local taxes, if any, as well as any costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance use not specified herein as being provided. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied. Prize is not transferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winner may not request cash or other substitution; however, the Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of comparable or greater value, in its sole discretion. All prize details will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
9. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to suspend, modify or terminate the Sweepstakes in the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way, including, but not limited to by fraud, virus, unauthorized human intervention or other technical problem. If terminated, Sponsor may, at their discretion, award the prize at random from among all non-suspect, eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner and void all associated entries. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages and other remedies (including attorneys' fees) from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Failure by Sponsor to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In the event of a dispute regarding entries received from multiple users having the same e-mail account, the authorized subscriber of the e-mail account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these rules. Authorized account subscriber is the natural person who is assigned the e-mail address by the Internet Service Provider (ISP), on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses.
10. Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Twitter, and their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, and advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, and agents (collectively, the "Released Parties") from and against any claim or cause of action arising, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of the prize. Released Parties are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, inaccurate, stolen, delayed, misdirected, undelivered, or garbled Tweets or messages; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), website, or other connections, availability or accessibility or miscommunications or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, lines, or technical failure or jumbled, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions or computer hardware or software malfunctions, failures or difficulties, or other errors or difficulties of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, computer, network, typographical, printing or otherwise relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, including, without limitation, errors or difficulties which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of Tweets, the announcement of the prize, or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Released Parties are also not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by site users, tampering, hacking, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for injury or damage to participants' or to any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials from or use of the website. Entrant agrees that in any cause of action, the Released Parties' liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Released Parties be liable for attorney's fees or other legal costs. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
11. Disputes: This Sweepstakes shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws of the State of New York, U.S.A. without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions. Entrants hereby agree that any and all disputes, claims, causes of action, or controversies ("Claims") arising out of or in connection with this Sweepstakes or these Official Rules shall be resolved, upon the election by entrant or Sponsor, by arbitration pursuant to this provision and the code of procedures of either the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services, Inc. ("JAMS") or the American Arbitration Association ("AAA"), as selected by the entrant. In addition to JAMS or AAA, Claims may be referred to any other arbitration organization that is mutually agreed upon in writing by entrant and Sponsor, or to an arbitration organization or arbitrator(s) appointed pursuant to Section 5 of the Federal Arbitration Act, 9 U.S.C. Sections 1-16, provided that any such arbitration organization and arbitrator(s) will enforce the terms of the restrictions on arbitration provision set forth below. IF ARBITRATION IS CHOSEN BY ANY PARTY WITH RESPECT TO A CLAIM, NEITHER PARTY WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO LITIGATE THAT CLAIM IN COURT OR HAVE A JURY TRIAL ON THAT CLAIM. FURTHER, NEITHER SPONSOR NOR ENTRANT WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A REPRESENTATIVE CAPACITY ON BEHALF OF THE GENERAL PUBLIC OR OTHER PERSONS SIMILARLY SITUATED, OR AS A MEMBER OF ANY CLASS OF CLAIMANTS PERTAINING TO ANY CLAIM SUBJECT TO ARBITRATION. EXCEPT AS SET FORTH BELOW, THE ARBITRATOR'S DECISION WILL BE FINAL AND BINDING. NOTE THAT OTHER RIGHTS THAT ENTRANT WOULD HAVE IF ENTRANT WENT TO COURT ALSO MAY NOT BE AVAILABLE IN ARBITRATION. The arbitrator's authority to resolve Claims is limited to Claims between Sponsor and entrant alone, and the arbitrator's authority to make awards is limited to awards to Sponsor and entrant alone. Furthermore, claims brought by either party against the other may not be joined or consolidated in arbitration with Claims brought by or against any third party, unless agreed to in writing by all parties. No arbitration award or decision will have any preclusive effect as to issues or claims in any dispute with anyone who is not a named party to the arbitration. Notwithstanding any other provision in these Official Rules and without waiving either party's right to appeal such decision, should any portion of this provision be deemed invalid or unenforceable, then the entire provision (other than this sentence) shall not apply.
12. Winner's Name: For the name of the winner (available after March 15th, 2013), send a self-addressed stamped envelope to: #paperbreak Spring Breakers Giveaway; 15 E. 32nd Street, 11th Floor New York, NY 10016, for receipt no later than March 18th, 2013