Machine Gun Kelly has something to say about his Grammys snub.
On Tuesday, the Recording Academy revealed the nominees for the 2022 Grammy Awards, including artists like Lil Nas X, Olivia Rodrigo, Doja Cat and Jay-Z, who also became the most nominated artist in Grammys history. However, one hitmaker's album was left off the list: MGK's No.1 record, Tickets to My Downfall, which received zero nominations.
As such, MGK took to Twitter to ask "wtf is wrong with the grammys" shortly after the nominees were revealed, and fans rallied behind the star in the replies, writing things like, "you deserve a Grammy but the Grammys don't deserve you," and calling the Grammys "a scam."
However, MGK's not the only artist to criticize the Grammys for snubbing them. Last year, chart-toppers like Halsey and The Killers taking the awards ceremony to task over their snubs, while the Weeknd made headlines for his boycott of the "corrupt" awards ceremony.
See MGK's tweet below.
wtf is wrong with the grammys— blonde don (@machinegunkelly) November 23, 2021
Photo via Getty / Jason Kempin
- Machine Gun Kelly Booed at Louder Than Life Festival - PAPER ›
- Machine Gun Kelly Brings Daughter Casie to 2021 AMAs - PAPER ›
- Recording Academy Changes Grammy Nomination Process - PAPER ›
- The Weeknd Calls the Grammys of "Corrupt" After Nominations Snub ›
- Drake Withdraws His Grammy Nominations - PAPER ›
- Machine Gun Kelly and Pete Davidson Strip Down on Live - PAPER ›
- Recording Academy Indefinitely Postpones 2022 Grammy Awards - PAPER ›
- The Grammy Awards Move to Las Vegas, Reschedule for April - PAPER ›
- Machine Gun Kelly's MSG Show Ended in Bloody Afterparty ›