Late last week, during his show in Sydney, Kanye West stopped in the middle of his performance because two people -- who dared to cross the almighty Yeezus -- refused to standup. As it turned out, the two contrarians were actually physically unable to stand, which they awkwardly had to prove before Mr. West agreed to finish singing "Good Life."
To continue the saga, in a classic #KanyeMove, the rapper verbally blogged his feelings about wheelchairgate at his concert in Brisbane, Australia last night. The packed venue served as the perfect platform for Kanye's favorite and most passionate hobby: complaining about "The Media."
Well, it just so happens that the hobby we're most passionate about is listening to Kanye's media rants. They're just so good. Here's some of the Kanye-ist quotes from the video, above:
1. "I'm not judging but I'm just going to tell you who I am. I'm a married, Christian man." *The crowd goes crazy.*
2. "On 'Runaway' I said, 'I sent this bitch a picture of my dick.' What did y'all think when you heard that?"
3. "An artist's career doesn't happen in the cycle of one week of news. An artist's career happens in the cycle of a lifetime. And if you're a true artist you're willing to DIE for what you believe in."
4. With the saltiest, rhetorical sarcasm: "Does it seem like, in any way, that I might just slightly be a true artist?"
5. "I'm not one of these dumbass artists that you're used to."
5. Then he proceeded to call out the talking heads who he perceives to be conspiratorially running the media: "I don't keep up with the news but if Michael Strahan is still at the Today Show -- no, Good Morning America -- Matt Lauer, the hosts of the view -- Whoopi Goldberg, Barbra Walters -- if y'all run this, look at me for a second. Take a step back and look at this: I'm a married, Christian man with a family."
We know, Kanye. We know.
[Thumbnail Photo via Julian Mackler/BFAnyc.com]