1. On Saturday, February 13, Surreal Estate (15 Thames Street, Bushwick) is having a big pre-Valentine's party called "Candy Hearts & Saucy Tarts" with three floors of fun and bands, including Toronto's Dinosaur Bones + DJs. Doors at 8 p.m. and $10 tickets at the door.
2. House of Pain ("Jump Around") founder Danny Boy O'Connor launched a clothing line called Love Machine.
3. The Fun Lovin' Criminals ("Scooby Snacks") are back with a new album and single called Classic Fantastic. The band's frontman Huey Morgan went from busboy at NYC nightclub the Limelight to European stardom, but spent the last several years in a legal dispute with his former manager.
4. 12 funny fake Facebook updates. Our favorite? "Saw Precious tonight" from Lord of the Rings' Gollum.
5. We'll be rooting for Florence Welch at next week's BRIT Awards. The UK singer and her band The Machine are nominated for three awards and her debut album has been in the pop charts over there for 30 consecutive weeks. They are playing Terminal 5 (610 West 56th Street) on April 9. AND: If you read the Wikipedia fine print, you'll note that her mom "was a regular at Studio 54."
6. Another great UK singer, VV Brown, is appearing at the Hiro Ballroom (88 9th Avenue) next Wednesday, February 17, and admission is free with an RSVP here.