1. We've got an art opening for you, craft junkies. "Common Jive," opening at the EFA Project Space tomorrow night, features artists who apply traditional and "vernacular" craft to their projects. Look for carved wooden sneakers, needlepoint artwork, and a "a hobo pop-up shop." [EFA]
2. A group of kids in Williamsburg took to the street today to celebrate Good Friday...by re-enacting the murder of Jesus Christ. Fun! [Buzzfeed]
3. America just got a little fatter. [KFC]
4. Enjoy what's to be a lovely weekend at the Brooklyn Botanical Garden, which beings its Cherry Blossom viewing season tommorrow. [BBG]
5. If you're a total nerd, you can go the Easter Bonnet Parade on 5th Ave. Sunday. [Gonyc]
6. The New York City Pillow Fight is in Union Suare tomorrow at 3 p.m. [Newmindspace]
7. Cyndi Lauper launched the web-campaign "Give a Damn" today, which educates the people on the advancement of the LGBT community. We approve!
8. Paul Verhoeven, the director of all your favorite movies including Basic Instinct, Starship Troopers, and RoboCop, will appear at IFC Center April 8 for a screening of Monty Python's Life of Brian. A discussion of the film, Verhoevern's work, and his new book Jesus of Nazareth, follows. [IFC Center]