1. The countdown to the February 14th opening of the second NYC location of Opening Ceremony in the Ace Hotel (20 West 29th Street) has begun.
2. There's a release party for Hot Chip's new album One Life Stand tonight, February 4, at Baddies (20 Greenwich Avenue at West 10th Street, 10 p.m.) with DJ sets by Boy Crisis vs. Das Racist. Free with RSVP to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. The 18th Annual Hot Chocolate Festival at The City Bakery (3 West 18th Street) runs until February 27 with new flavors every day.
4. NME says that the Scissor Sisters have collab'd with Mark Ronson on a track for his next album, The Business, due out this spring.
5. Art Fag City reveals changes coming to this year's Whitney Biennial (945 Madison Avenue, February 25 to May 30): Exhibited works must not have been seen before, the museum's third floor will be devoted entirely to film/video, the fifth floor will showcase works from past biennials and there will be no exhibits at the Park Avenue Armory.
6. Has there been a shake-up at DFA Records?