1. Rejoice, Sierra Club! The Hummer will likely soon be extinct. [CNN]
2. West Village Italian spot De Santos is introducing their brunch menu this weekend. Even better news? Mention "Paper magazine" to your server and you'll get a free drink of your choice!
3. Jimmy "Cheeseburger in Paradise" Buffet is partnering with eyewear brand Orange21 to create a line of "Margaritaville" sunglasses.
4. Here's one for the mantle. Now through March 4, Charitybuzz is auctioning a portrait sitting with Shepard Fairey. All proceeds raised go to the Art of Elysium, which encourages working actors, artists and musicians to do volunteer projects involving children who are battling serious medical conditions.
5. A UK farmer whose crops were being ravaged by pigeons made a Lady Gaga scarecrow. No birds have visited since. [3am]
6. In celebration of Jay Leno's upcoming return to the Tonight Show, the website Everything is Terrible has kindly spliced together every racist and sexist line uttered by Leno in the 1989 film Collision Course. Meanwhile, Conan O' Brien has started a Twitter account. His first tweet: "Today I interviewed a a squirrel in my backyard and then threw to commercial. Somebody help me."
7. Buzzy San Francisco indie-pop quartet the Morning Benders are playing at Housing Works tonight with Shark? and Cuddle Magic. $5 and a used CD for donation gets you in. If you're busy, catch them this Saturday with Surfer Blood, Turbo Fruits, Beach Fossils and Grooms at the Market Hotel in Bushwick.