1. Go "Dolly"! Check out the special free performance and lecture by Dolly Parton impersonator Jarrett Earnest tonight, April 14, 8 p.m. at The New School (6 East 16th Street, room 1009).
2. 6,000 people in Brazil spent four days constructing the world's tallest LEGO tower. In more LEGO news, the company is releasing a re-usable drinking bottle in four colors. Pre-order yours here.
3. SoHo restaurant Salume is launching "Paninipedia," a free iPhone/iPad app that is all about the Italian sandwiches.
4. Shuttered NYC record store Fat Beats is opening a pop-up in DUMBO (110 Bridge Street, 3rd floor) for Record Store Day, April 16, from noon to 11 p.m. Look for performances by The Stepkids, Neek the Exotic & Large Professor, Chico Mann and many more, plus there's a Gang Starr tribute.
5. A Chinese state-run newspaper claims that the artist Ai Weiwei has "confessed" to "tax-dodging, bigamy and spreading pornography." [The Guardian]
6. An insider's guide to royal-watching in London.
7. Non-Threatening Vampires. (Thanks for the tip, Jessica.)