1. Check out the violent new M.I.A. video for "Born Free." It was made by Romain Gavras, the son of acclaimed filmaker Constantino Costa-Gavras (Z, State of Seige, Missing).
2. Since you're probably hitting the streets on Saturday for the Shepard Fairey Deitch Projects (18 Wooster Street) opening, be sure to stop by the "new-folk pagan " celebration "Maypole" at 5 p.m. in Petrosino Square (Kemare & Center Street).
3. AND: If you need a place to crash that night, the ACE Hotel (20 West 29th Street) has a May Day package that includes a Shepard Fairey t-shirt, signed print and two tickets to the party at 88 Palace. Book online with code: MAYDAY
4. New York City made out of staples!
5. The All Points West music festival is "probably" not happening this summer because New Yorkers don't want to go to New Jersey. (via Billboard)
6. World Cup Happy Socks! GOAAAAL.