Just today, the singer took to her Instagram story to respond, stating she doesn't recognize DaBaby as "the person I worked with." She went on to confirm, "I know my fans know where my heart lies and that I stand 100% with the LGBTQ community. We need to come together to fight the stigma and ignorance around HIV/AIDS."
The singer's statement comes after Lil Nas X told DaBaby to "sit down," and Twitter already "ended" the rapper eons ago. Still, there was an outpouring of support for Lipa, whose response is a meaningful condemnation of the blatant homophobia and misogyny espoused.
There's a much larger conversation to be had surrounding such harmful rhetoric — in the meantime, users on Twitter were quick to call for DaBaby's removal from the "Levitating" remix.
“Levitating” by Dua Lipa without Dababy sound so good today. https://t.co/HvmBKObwDp— quentin (@quentin)1627413825.0
can we get dua lipa to re-record the levitating remix with @lilnasx instead bc dababy is a homophobe— matt (@matt)1627322969.0
If she would like to replace DaBaby’s verse on levitating I’m totally available https://t.co/UNVhH0gDEU— Victoria Monét (@Victoria Monét)1627418169.0
I need Dua to IMMEDIATELY remove the Dababy remix of Levitating from streaming services and give us a Megan remix i… https://t.co/y95FTQhKf4— Jack Julow (@Jack Julow)1627274292.0
Most fans were sure to keep the blame off of Lipa, as they should. As one user put it, "Stop framing her as guilty by association and ask the man at fault here to take responsibility for his own actions."
In the meantime, to show your support for those living with HIV/AIDS, you can donate to various organizations linked below.
Photo via Getty/ Gareth Cattermole
- Dua Lipa's "Physical" Causes Collective Gay Meltdown - PAPER ›
- Dua Lipa's Workout Video Has Us Sweating - PAPER ›
- Dua Lipa Is Your New Favorite Pop Star - PAPER ›
- Lollapalooza Drops DaBaby Over Homophobic Comments ›
- DaBaby Apologizes After String of Festival Cancellations ›
- New Songs by Victoria Monét, Finneas and The Weeknd ›
- DaBaby Deletes His Instagram Apology ›
- Dua Lipa Shows Off Buzzy London Designers for Her Birthday ›