According to The Hollywood Reporter, the psychological thriller — which also stars Chris Pine and Wilde — is set in "an isolated, utopian community" in 1950s California desert town. Further details are scant, but the film will reportedly focus on Pugh's housewife character, who "uncovers a disturbing truth about her seemingly perfect life."
Granted, the timeline of the film itself also remains somewhat of a mystery, especially given Hollywood's COVID-19 containment-related shutdown.
That said, the publication also reports that Don't Worry Darling — which was picked up by New Line last August "in one of the most competitive auctions of the year" — so expect production to start up ASAP once industry protocols are relaxed.
Read more about the production, here.
Photos via Getty
- Florence Pugh ›
- Shia LaBeouf Makes His Screenplay Writing Debut with 'Honey Boy ... ›
- Shia LaBeouf Is Opening a Theatre School in Los Angeles - PAPER ›
- Florence Pugh's Face in "Midsommar" Sparks Viral Meme - PAPER ›
- Chris Pine's Quarantine Fashions Have Fundamentally Changed Me - PAPER ›
- Olivia Wilde and Jason Sudeikis Break Seven-Year Engagement - PAPER ›
- Shia LaBeouf Denies Olivia Wilde's "Don't Worry Darling" Firing Claim ›
- Chris Pine’s "Don’t Worry Darling" Character Was Inspired by Jordan Peterson ›
- Harry Styles Addresses SpitGate at New York Show ›
- Kiki Layne Says Most of Her Scenes Were Cut From "Don’t Worry Darling" ›