1. The 2nd Annual Brooklyn Soul Festival is this weekend, October 8 & 9, at The Bell House (149 7th Street, Gowanus). Tonight's line-up features Barbara Lynn, Vernon Garrett and Don Gardner and tomorrow Betty Harris, Harvey Scales and Renaldo Domino. There's BBQ and soul DJs all weekend and Shakey's vinyl flea market on Saturday afternoon.
2. Deryck Todd's "BOWIEBALL: The Ultimate Glam Rock Revolution" is happening this Sunday, October 10, at Santos (96 Lafayette) with special guest Fred Schneider of the B-52s plus lots of DJs, live performances and an 8 p.m. screening of The Hunger. (Don't forget, Monday is a holiday.)
3. Confessions of a college pimp.
4. Downtown Miami nightclub Space (34 NE 11th Street) is re-opening tomorrow with DJ Danny Tenaglia and South Beach lounge Coco De Ville (2377 Collins Avenue) is closed for "renovations."
5. Jonas Mekas and Martha Rosler will receive lifetime achievement awards at Rob Pruitt's 2nd Annual Art Awards on December 8 at Webster Hall (125 East 11th Street).
6. The (way) downtown W New York (123 Washington Street @ Albany) now features DJs in their Living Room Bar & Terrace on both Wednesdays (DJ Bouji) and Fridays (DJ Baby Blu).
7. And don't forget to stop by the grand-opening of The Showpaper Gallery (217 East 42nd Street) tonight, October 8, from 7 to 9 p.m.