1. The very short poem Michael Bloomberg wrote for "Poem In Your Pocket" day is pretty funny: "I don't write like Whitman, I don't rhyme like Pope / I don't sound like Ezra Pound (or so I hope)." [via NPR]
2. According to Kim Jong-Il's ex-sushi chef, the North Korean dictator had some pretty weird taste in food: "There were a lot of strange requests. Snake was one. Hippopotamus was very good and tasted like chicken. He wanted to eat spiders one day." Well, now you know. [via Daily Intel]
3. We're not sure how we feel about this: Comedy Central and Twitter are starting a Twitter Comedy festival called #ComedyFest. Among other "events," Mel Brooks will join Twitter on April 29th and a Twitter pseudo-reunion of Reno 911!
4. Volcom is branching out into men's footwear and we couldn't be more excited. We want all the mid-tops. Actually we just want all of them. [via Press Release]
5. Here's the trailer for Onion News Empire, the satirical comedy which follows the fake anchors of the equally fake Onion News Network. Cheyenne Jackson and Jeffrey Tambor are in it! The first episode is available free on Amazon here. [via Towleroad]
6. This morning, Christine Quinn announced that next month, she and other City Council members plan to introduce legislation that will raise the minimum legal age for purchasing cigarettes and other tobacco products from 18 to 21. [via DNA Info]
7. Chrissy Amphlett, lead singer of the Divinyls, passed away on Sunday. We'll be listening to "I Touch Myself" on loop tonight in her honor. [via Dlisted]