OBJECTIVES AND GOALS:
Android partnered with a creative agency to promote their AndroidWear wrist device that incorporates stylishness with efficiency together. To create awareness about the product, they wanted to create a conversation that would translate beyond two-dimensional imagery and allow consumers to participate hands-on.
The answer? A global design contest with an ultimate one-of-a-kind prize and mentorship program. They curated and engaged panelists and influencers from all around the globe to create unique content, as well as reached out to young creatives and emerging designers to make a truly powerful movement.
- Call to action to students, emerging designers, and stylists from all around the globe
- Four notable judges and five influencers were selected because of their strong and authentic following in the fashion community to create original content on their social media pages to promote the product
- The four panelists were: Paper Magazine Editorial Director Mickey Boardman, founder of "The Terminal Presents" and co-founder of MADE Fashion Week Jenne Lombardo, celebrity stylist Ty Hunter, and fashion designer Cynthia Rowley
- The five influencers were: photographer Kat Irlin, singer Justine Skye, blogger Susie Bubble, model Sami Miro, and designer Miranda Makaroff
- Consumers were encouraged to interact with the program by participating in an exciting contest, where they created their own watch face that suits their lifestyle and uploaded it on Instagram
- To excite consumers, they awarded one of the winners with an enchanting Paris getaway for two during the time of fashion week. The winner also received exclusive mentorship by our panelist, a big fashion insider
- They filmed a recap video in Paris to showcase the program overall
•Total number of global entries: 691
•Engaged 77 different colleges around the world
•Over 150K views on brand mentions through social media
•Recap video gathered more than 250k views
View the video below: