Party people! Check in daily this week for our comprehensive guide of everything that's happening at Art Basel Miami Beach.
Sunday, December 8th
- Ms.Fitz and Angelina Dreem throw their big Bushwick Gone Basel party tonight, feautring performances by Jaimie Warren and Gage of the Boon and more, art by artists including Travis Edgedy, Genevieve Belleveau and Greem Jellyfish and DJ sets by SSION, Witches of Bushwick, Bossa Nova Civic Club, Juliana Huxtable and Lauren Devine. 2805 Collins Ave. Art show at 8 p.m.; party at 10.
- End your week at the Standard Hotel's annual Basel wrap-up "Lazy Sunday BBQ" on Sunday from 3 to 8 p.m. and check out the "paper boat" by Miami designer Luis Pons.
- A-Trak, Dave 1, Flosstradamus, Nick Catchdubs and more will be performing in the afternoon as part of a Fool's Gold showcase hosted by MANA Wynwood ( 218 NW 23rd Street, Miami). Details, times and tickets (when available) are HERE.
Monday, December 9th
- If you're sticking around Miami until December 9th, there's an "Art Chat" with two Miami notables, Robert Chambers and Robert Wennett, at 6:30 p.m. in the St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort (9703 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach). Chambers is probably best know for his large public sculptures, but he's also a fountain of knowledge on numerous topics including meteorites. Wennett is a local developer who transformed Lincoln Road by hiring the Swiss starchitects Herzog & de Meuron to design his parking garage and he's also involved in the plans for the new Miami Beach Convention Center.
- A big international traveling exhibition from Spain called "TAPAS: Design For Food" will be on view all week in the Moore Building (4040 NE 2nd Avenue, Miami) in Miami's Design District. There will be over 200 exhibits and installations by Spanish chefs, designers, architects, wineries and restaurants in three themed areas: the kitchen, the table and the meal. If you happen to be down in Miami on November 9th, stop by the Moore Building for "Eat You -- Eat Me," a special installation of interactive "edible performance art" by Spanish artist Miralda.