1. Nicky Digital hosts Yelle's "official world-tour after party" tonight, December 9, 10 p.m., at Loreley (64 Frost Street, Williamsburg). Look for DJ sets from Yelle DJs, Housse De Racket and Dominique Keegan. It's FREE with RSVP here.
2. Oops. NASA can't find over 500 "moon rocks, meteorites, comet chunks and other space material" that had been collected since the 70s. This is why we can't have nice things, NASA! [Daily Mail]
3. Man, we wish we had thought of this: The most pointless non-apologies of 2011. [L.A. Times]
4. Check out Polaroids shot by Robert Whitman in the early '80s at Black & White Gallery (483 Driggs Avenue, Brooklyn). The exhibit, "Fucked Up in Minneapolis," opens tonight, December 9th, from 6 to 10 p.m., and is up until January 14, 2012.
5. Watch the first U.S. outdoor screening of Andy Warhol's Empire tonight, December 9th, in downtown Chicago. The Art Institute is projecting the 8-hour black and white film onto the side of Aon Center (200 East Randolph Street, Chicago) from 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. [Chicago Tribune]
6. Sheik 'N' Beik hosts their last party of 2011 this Saturday, December 10, 10 p.m. to 4 a.m., $10, at Tammany Hall (152 Orchard Street). DJs include Fong, Julio, Jeffrey Scott, Sandy and Michel Harruch.
7. Rick Santorum claims that high obesity rates prove that we don't need food stamps. [ThinkProgress.]