Tucked into the Gansevoort Hotel on Park Avenue South, Winston's Champagne Bar is a plush two-story room meant to entertain cavorting guests, wealthy wanderers and the aspiring champagne collector. No one really needs an excuse to begin the weekend with bubbly, but just in case you need a little extra push, we've listed all the reasons you could possibly need.
1. The cocktail list is solely composed of champagne cocktails, of course, including variations on classics like the French 76 and the Bitters Blanc. Try your tongue at guessing the signature cocktail's undisclosed ingredient.
2. Krug by the glass. For. 75. Dollars. A. Pop.
3. The place is co-owned and run by Brian Gefter who started his nightlife career in the Hamptons and then paved the rest of the way with his involvement in the tony Gansevoort club Provocateur, so he knows about bottle service.
4. A cozy second floor allows guests who may wish to avert (ahem) attention to gaze voyeuristically below without making any grand entrances.
5. The place is named after a collector with cave
full of bubbly. You should attempt to acquaint yourself with this Winston