Tron Legacy the Ride + a Street Art Block Party in Today's Eight Items or Less
1. Today's Tron Legacy rumor: Disney is apparently "exploring designs and concepts" for a Tron ride at Disneyland.
2. Check out writer Jon Savage's Q&A with The Quietus on "why the Brits don't own punk" and his upcoming compilation Black Hole: California Punk 1977 - 1980 (out November 15 on Domino).
3. NY artist Wes Lang is opening his "Staring at Empty Pages" exhibit at Partners & Spade (40 Great Jones Street) on November 12, 6 to 9 p.m., plus he'll be back on the 20th to give tattoos from 2 to 4 p.m. The show is up until December 5.
4. All City Street Art is hosting a big Bushwick block party on Saturday, November 20, 2 to 7 p.m., with live painting, tacos, beer, music, films and art including a 200 foot wall project and the debut of the Burning Crew's film Dots. It all takes place outside of Factory Fresh at
5. The Creators Project (sponsored by Intel and Vice) is looking for US, UK and Brazil-based musicians to submit material for a chance to win an all expenses paid, five-day recording session in NYC. Go here to enter.
6. Save the date: Cut Copy's third album, Zonoscope, is coming out February 8, 2011.
7. Check out Theophilus London's new track "Flying Overesas" with Devonte Hynes and former PAPER cover girl Solange Knowles over on Green Label Sound.