1. After last year's successful launch, the outdoor ice rink at NYC's Standard Hotel (848 Washington Street at 13th Street) is returning this season and, in fact, it's open today! Admission is $12 and skate rental is $3.
2. Tonight is the "Grande Finale" of PERFORMA 11 and they're celebrating the life and work of Malcolm McLaren at The Bowery Hotel (335 Bowery, 9 p.m., $25) with music by DJs Spencer Product, Iona Rozeal and Jace Clayton See you in 2013.
3. Bill Cunningham New York and Wim Wenders' 3D film, Pina, about German choreographer Pina Bausch made the list of 15 documentaries eligible for an Academy Award. The final five nominees will be announced on January 24th. [L.A. Times]
4. Celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Tummy Touch Records on Wednesday, November 23, at the Hiro Ballroom (88 Ninth Avenue). There will be live performances by The Phenomenal Handclap Band and Bing Ji Ling plus DJ sets from Horse Meat Disco's Severino Panzetta, Thomas, Jim Love Lee and Krunk Pony.
5. Why pepper spray peaceful protesters? The UC Davis police think that "curling into a ball" is "active resistance." [Washington's Blog]
6. The first NYC edition of the popular London Frieze Art Fair is now set for May 4th to 7th, 2012, on Randall's Island with over 170 galleries participating. The fair will be housed in a unique structure designed by the Brooklyn-based architectural firm SO-IL.
7. The Recording Academy added 25 singles and albums to their Hall of Fame for recordings with "qualitative and historical significance." The works included the Rolling Stones' Exile on Main St., Cole Porter's Anything Goes and The Message by Grandmaster Flash & The Furious Five. [Hypebot]
8. Justin Bieber has a little mustache. [Buzzfeed]