The Art of Coat-Stealing & Vegetable Chopping in Today's Eight Items or Less
1. British artist Mike Ballard spent 10 years stealing over 200 coats all around London. "I'm not proud of what I've done and I realize I need to make amends," he says, so the coats will now be displayed in an exhibit called "Whose Coat Is That Jacket You're Wearing?" opening this Friday, October 8, at Walker's Tailor (157 Robert Street, London). You can have one if you can convince Ballard that it's yours.
2. It's time to re-stock your bomb shelter. Costco is selling a year's supply of dehydrated and freeze-dried food for one person for only $799. Order here.
3. A Canadian man was fined $1 billion for sending spam e-mails to Facebook users.
4. Food artist/vegetable butcher Jennifer Rubell is #1 on Food & Wine magazine's list of "40 Big Thinkers 40 and Under."
5. Scissor Sisters (not so serious) news: Foo Fighter Dave Grohl is suing the band because he saw Jake's junk at a recent show. Watch the video here.
6. Two California artists made a 65-foot-tall obelisk out of 340 bicycles and one tricycle.