Welcome! Roll Call is a new column that will feature rising trends that we're spotting on the catwalk, on the streets and everywhere else.
Cruelty-free textiles, whether synthetic or organic, have made leaps and bounds in the past 50 years. Whether Shrimps' amazing Papa Puss Coat or Stella McCartney's hyper realistic-looking faux leather handbags, it's clear we've come a long way from the faux textiles of the '30s, '40s and '50s, crude imitations that hardly resembled the real thing. Whether you're a card-carrying PETA member or can't bear to part with your mink, it's hard to deny how awesome these 10 cruelty-free alternatives look...
1. Olympia Le Tan Chalk Box bag, $959.72
4. Angela Roi: Palette White cross-body, $65
5. Freedom of Animals: Boromo Circle bag, $300
7. Pixie Market: Facetime Clutch bag, $109
8. LeSportsac: Signature Dani backpack, $158
9. Shrimps: Pearly clutch, $366.97
10. Matt and Nat: Shoop, $165