1. Mick Jagger, accompanied by soul singer Raphael Saadiq, will perform live at this year's Grammys for the first time ever. [Grammy.com]
2. Not that you didn't know this, but the EPA has declared Brooklyn's Gowanus Canal to be officially disgusting. [NYPost]
3. Beloved East Village scuzz-spot Mars Bar, where we once saw a dog sitting on a bar stool vomit on to the bar while everyone cheered and the bartender simply slid drinks to people through the puddle of vomit instead of cleaning it up, is going to close this spring. Farewell events are already in the works, including a reading and a "Farewell to Mars" party this Saturday from 3-6 p.m. [Curbed]
4. The Cloud Nothings, whose deeply weird "Should Have" is our music video of the day today, are playing at Glasslands April 9th. You can buy tickets here.
5. Let the SXSW 2011 madness begin. Here's Brooklyn Vegan's showcase lineup, which features Ted Leo solo, Sam Amidon and Sharon Van Ettan. [BV]
6. Justin BieBEAR! [Buzzfeed]
7. Two Corgis playing tetherball! [Videogum]
8. Snowman O' Brien! [Buzzfeed]