1. Our new (yes, we're a little late) obsession Marina and the Diamonds is headlining Webster Hall tonight. We are very sad we can't go -- so go in our stead and tell us how it is! Listen to "I Am Not A Robot" here.
2. A guide to New York's cursed restaurant spaces. [Eater]
3. Check out what Hurricane Earl looks like from outer space. [ANIMAL]
4. The wooden subway bench is apparently getting a redesign. [amNY]
5. Here's a handy flowchart that will help you determine which actress you should pick to be your main character's best friend. Poor Krysten Ritter! [Vulture]
6. Nicki Minaj, recently featured in PAPER, will make her first solo TV appearance, singing "Your Life" at the 2010 MTV VMAs pre-show on Sunday.
7. Head to OAK Williamsburg (208 N. 8th St.) tonight for "the last lick of summer" featuring margaritas, popsicles and t-shirts from 7 to 9 p.m.