Today marks the release of Ultraviolence, Lana Del Rey's third full-length album. The orchestrated tones of Born to Die and Paradise are replaced with grungy, hazy rock on the new LP, which may have something to do with the fact that the bulk of the record was produced by The Black Keys' Dan Auerbach. Lana's breathy vocals make the transition seamless instead of
seemingly trying too hard. In honor of La Lana's latest chapter, we're taking a look back on her ten ultrahottest looks.
1. Lana looks like an extra from the set of Freaks and Geeks. We like.
2. Lana plays the Jackie Kennedy to A$AP Rocky's JFK Jr. in her "National Anthem" music video, complete with pillbox hat and all. But, really, she's not so much a Jackie Kennedy in this shot as a dead ringer for Priscilla Presley.
3. Though all-white-everything can often veer into "I'm going to Diddy's 'All White Hamptons Party' c. 2003," LDR manages to pull off a muy caliente look on the cover of Rolling Stone Mexico.
4. Lana closed her eyes and swung long before Miley did. We see her here donning the go-to cowgirl uniform: a fringe-y leather jacket, denim cutoffs, and cowboy boots.
5. This photo is so Urban Outfitters-y, it inspired us to scan their site in hopes of acquiring our very own Buttweiser shirt. No such luck. We'll leave this look to LDR.
6. Oh, hai, Marilyn! Who wore it better?
7. This photo gives us a very Sailor Moon vibe, in a good way.
8. Lana looks damn good in a floral headpiece. Too bad music festivals were never the same after this photo shoot. *Sigh*
10. Lana looks equal parts Maleficent and trendy fairy in this promotional album cover that was released with her song "Meet Me In The Pale Moonlight." In other words, she looks awesome.