1. Joey Arias is appearing "in concert" at the Abrons Arts Center (466 Grand Street) over the next two weekends, October 1 & 2 and October 8 & 9 at 8 p.m. each night. The show is presented by Earl Dax with musical direction by Ben Allison. Tickets are $25.
2. You can party all night Saturday, October 2 (not that you can't any other night), at New York's first Nuit Blanche. The world-wide public arts festival started in Europe in 1997 and it's hitting the industrial waterfront of Greenpoint with over 50 artists participating. Here's the info.
3. Look for the original Batman and Robin ( Adam West and Burt Ward) at this weekend's Big Apple Comic Convention at the Penn Plaza Pavilion (401 Seventh Avenue) through Sunday, October 3. Several grown-up Brady Bunch-ers will also be on hand. All the details are here ().
4. Las Vegas Death Ray Roasts Hotel Guests!. Apparently the concave facade of the new Vdara Hotel is concentrating the sun's rays onto the pool area.
5. The folks behind several of Miami's hottest clubs and restaurants have just opened a new spot called gigi (4370 North Miami Avenue) next to Bardot. Chef Jeff McInnis promises "noodles, BBQ and beer" and we definitely like those.
6. From our cosmology department: "Countdown to Oblivion: Why Time Itself Could End." Not to give anything away, but we're talking about five billion years from now.