Greene Street's Early Years + Bored Dogs Being Vacuumed in Today's Eight Items or Less
1 "112 Greene Street: The Early Years" opens today, January 7, 6 to 8 p.m., at David Zwirner Gallery (533 West 19th Street) and runs until February 12. The show features American artist Gordon Matta-Clark (who died in 1978 and was known for site-specific works in which he sliced-out sections of existing buildings) as well as other participants in the legendary SoHo exhibition space.
2. The first opera filmed in 3-D, Bizet's Carmen, opens in movie theaters on March 5.
3. Here are the 10 best nightclubs in the world, according to Club Planet. Coming in at #10, Cielo (18 Little West 12th Street) is the only one in NYC and DJs Nickodemus, Adam Gibbons and Max Pela spin there tonight. [Club Planet]
4. LEGOLAND in Carlsbad, California, is opening a Star Wars-themed "Miniland" featuring six scenes from the movies and one from the animated series. It's expected to be ready by March 2011.
5. The Ecstatic Music Festival at Merkin Concert Hall (129 West 67th Street) kicks off on Monday, January 17, with a free seven-hour marathon from 2 p.m. to 9 p.m. and runs until the end of March. The series features collabs between classical and popular musicians including So Percussion X Dan Deacon () on January 20. The full schedule and tickets are here.
6. And You Will Know Us By the Trail of Dead and Surfer Blood are playing the Bowery Ballroom on April 29 and Brooklyn Bowl on May 13.
7. Indifferent dogs being vacuumed. [Buzzfeed]