Girls That Look Like Skrillex + Reese Witherspoon as Margaret Keane = Eight Items or Less
1 Girls That Look Like Skrillex.
2. The new Ai Wei Wei documentary, Never Sorry, received a standing ovation at Sundance last night. The film's New York director Alison Klayman (one of our 10 Sundance breakouts to watch) spent several years filming the Chinese artist who, unfortunately, couldn't attend the premiere due to a still-imposed travel ban. [LA Times]
3. Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Reynolds are set to star in a bio-pic on "big-eye" painter Margaret Keane (that's her work above) and her husband Walter. For some reason the artist allowed her husband to put his name on her works and eventually had to go to court to prove they were actually hers. [Variety]
4. Swizz Beatz isn't sure what a CEO's job is and, in fact, he's not even sure if he had that title at Megaupload. Meanwhile, the artist/producer is lawyered-up and ready if the FBI comes calling in the Kim Dotcom piracy bust. [Guardian]
5. Florence + The Machine start a 15-city US tour on April 14 in California. The NYC stop is May 8th at Radio City Music Hall. Tickets go on sale with TicketMaster on January 27th.
6. Read the big New Yorker feature on NYC hotel and nightlife guru Eric Goode (Area, Maritime Hotel, Bowery Hotel), but don't expect any insider gossip. It's all about the Testudines.
7. YouTube now streams over 4 billion videos per day. [Reuters]
8. Emmanuel Perrotin Gallery opens a new branch in Hong Kong with a big KAWS show in May. [Financial Times]