Flag Cakes, Shake Shacks and Oysters: Your All-Food-Related Eight Items Or Less
1. Shake Shack will have holiday weekend deals including a Shack Corn Dog dipped in jalapeno batter for $4.50at the UWS location and a My Concrete Tis of Thee dessert -- vanilla frozen custard, caramel and Brooklyn's Mast Brothers chocolate -- as both UWS and Madison Square Park locations. [Eater]
2. A recipe for a super-cute flag cake to drunkenly shove in your mouth Sunday. [17andBaking via Buzzfeed]
3. Brooklyn used to be Oyster central and a go-to for super-fresh, super-cheap seafood. [Brooklynology.]
4. Speaking of seafood in Brooklyn, non-profit Portside New York, which aims to preserve and rejuvenate Red Hook's Atlantic Basin, is having a fundraising BBQ tomorrow night with food from the Red Hook Lobster Pound, the Good Fork and Betty Brooklyn. [Portsidebluebq]
5. You can still get Seltzer delivered to your home! [Reclaimed home]
6. Your three-day weekend just got a little better. 60 Thompson's members-only rooftop bar, A60, is kicking off their new tacos and tequila Monday night party on July 5th. And it's open to the public! T&T Mondays will go from 5 p.m.-10 p.m. and feature margaritas, sangria, and a good time.
7. The Black Hollies are headlining a "Summer of Reisling" concert at the Knitting Factory on July 14. The wine-os at Hearth and Terrior are behind the show, and the $30 admission gets you four glasses of wine. [Knitting Factory]