1. If Alyssa Milano likes a book and Tweets to her 1.2 million followers about it, how many will actually buy the book? Nicholas Christakis, co-author of Connected, explains why the answer is none: "The ability of Twitter to disseminate information is different than it's ability to influence behavior." [Nieman Journalism Lab]
2. Joey Arias is playing (le) Poisson Rouge (158 Bleecker Street) tonight (January 10, 7:30 p.m., $35) with music directed by Ben Allison. Stick around and check out the fantastic Australian "cabaret diva" Meow Meow who goes on at 10:30.
3. The L.A. Times reviews Trespass: A History of Uncommissioned Urban Art but forgets to mention that the Taschen book released in October 2010 was written by PAPER senior editor Carlo McCormick.
4. Hot L.A. soul-pop band Fitz and the Tantrums are on Last Call with Carson Daly tonight, January 10. If you like what you see, they'll be in NYC next week playing at the Bowery Ballroom (6 Delancey Street) on Wednesday, January 19. We hate to compare, but if you like Hall & Oates, you'll love Fitz.
5. At midnight tonight it will be 1-11-11 and, outside of the US, the symmetrically superior 11-1-11.
6. The Wright (1071 Fifth Avenue) in the Guggenheim Museum won Interior Design magazine's "Best of the Year 2010: Restaurant" award.