Eight Items or Less: The Coffin for Audiophiles
1. New York avant-garde/underground filmmaker Nick Zedd curated a "Cinema of Transgression" festival featuring his films and others by Tessa Hughes-Freeland, Richard Kern, Mary Jordan and more. It starts tonight, January 15, 9 p.m., and runs through the 19th at Glasshouse (246 Union Avenue, Williamsburg). It's FREE with a "$10 suggested donation at the bar." HERE's all the details.
2. When it opens in 2014, Ian Schrager's Miami Beach Edition Hotel (2901 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach) will have a bowling alley, an ice skating rink, several restaurants and a nightclub. (Miami Herald)
3. UK band Savages will be in NYC at the Bowery Ballroom on March 18 and at Music Hall of Williamsburg on the 19th. AmEx pre-sale tix available tomorrow, January 16, at noon and the rest on Friday. (BrooklynVegan)
4. Unbelievable basketball action clip featuring the Hungary Acrobatic Sports Team. The song is "Higher" by Scott & Brendo, w/ Peter Hollens.
5. Now you CAN take it with you. Just buy this CataCombo Sound System for only $30,000. (BoingBoing)