Eight Items or Less: Stream Eleanor Friedberger's New Album + Boozy Food Trucks at Central Park
1. The Fiery Furnaces' Eleanor Friedberger is releasing her debut solo album, Last Summer, on July 12th and it's streaming now at NPR Music. She'll be playing at the Village Voice's 4Knots Festival on July 16th.
2. Mick Jagger and Dave Stewart previewed seven tracks from their upcoming supergroup project in L.A. last week. Still no word on a release date for an album by the band which also includes Joss Stone, Damian Marley and A.R. Rahman. [Billboard]
3. Germany's Green Party warns of potential health hazards from sex toys. [Spiegel Online]
4. New York's NoMad Hotel (28th Street and Broadway) is now set to open in February with a restaurant/bar inspired by the Rolling Stones. The team behind Eleven Madison Park is using the band as their "rock 'n' roll muse" on their new spot. [The Feast]
5. Watch Lady Bunny perform her rap debut "Like a Cheese Stick."
6. Three food trucks parked outside Tavern on the Green (67th Street @ Central Park West) received permission to serve alcohol. [Crains NY]
7. Tragedy, an all-metal tribute to the Bee Gees, is playing at Brooklyn Bowl every Friday in July. And, don't forget that fantastic DJ Uncle Mike spins on weekends starting at 4 p.m. Rock on!
8. Dogs on jet-skis. [Buzzfeed]