Eight Items Or Less: Shepard Fairey's Bowery Mural & L.A. to Get a Pot Hotel?
1. Shepard Fairey is putting the finishing touches on a gigantic mural at the northwest corner of Houston Street and the Bowery that ties into his upcoming "Mayday" exhibit at Deitch Projects. Contrary to popular belief the mural did not destroy the Os Gemeos piece at the same corner, but has been painted/applied onto a temporary structure surrounding it.
2. The 10 best Coachella moments. btw: MGMT didn't play "Kids."
3. A Los Angeles real estate investor wants to turn the Hotel Normandie (Normandie Avenue at 6th Street) into America's first pot-friendly hotel.
4. Rock on! Today is Iggy Pop's 62nd birthday.
5. The BENT Festival 2010 opens tonight and runs through Sunday with most of this year's activities taking place at 81 Front Street in DUMBO. The annual event features DIY electronics, hardware hacking and circuit bending. Plus, there's a big free party/jam on Sunday night at 8 p.m., held in conjunction with The Tank, Issue Project Room and Share NYC that takes place at 232 3rd Street in Gowanus and includes several of the Bent artists including LCDD, Dr. Rek, Stefan Jankus, Playboy's Bend and more.
6. The International Noise Conference tour stops in NYC on Saturday night, April 24, at the Silent Barn (915 Wycoff, Queens) with lots of acts (including the Laundry Room Squelchers and Clang Quarter) performing short sets.
Image via The L Magazine