Eight Items or Less: Sean Connery's Nude Portrait + Milli Vanilli's Fab Returns
1. Say what you will about LMFAO, but the L.A. duo has hit no. 1 on the pop chart this week. And that's after already going to the top in over 10 countries. FACTOID: They are the son and grandson of Motown founder Berry Gordy. [Billboard]
2. A nude painting of Sir Sean Connery made in 1951 is going on display in Scotland tomorrow. The actor once worked as a model at the Edinburgh College of Fine Art. [BBC]
3. A federal judge turned down a request by Apple to stop Amazon from using the phrase "appstore." [Bloomberg]
4. Brooklyn artist Anthony Michael Sneed opens his first Bay Area exhibit, "Grand Illusion," at San Francisco's Shooting Gallery (839 Larkin Street) tomorrow night, July 9, 7 to 11 p.m. It's up until the end of the month.
5. Milli Vanilli's Fab Morvan is working on a new album with Tiesto and The Alchemist. [Guardian]
6. You are 31 times more likely to win a Mega Millions lottery prize than you are to click on a banner ad. [Solve Media via Business Insider]
7. Xzibit says planking is racist. [Buzzfeed]